While it’s lovely to have some beautiful sunshine, it can be tricky to cope with the heat especially when you’re working and you have a chronic illness. Here are some of my top tips for coping with the heat:
1. Wear loose fitting clothing to keep the air circulating
2. Close the blinds and windows during the hottest part of the day to keep it as cool as possible indoors
3. Keep hydrated. It’s important to drink plenty of water to keep you cool. Try and avoid caffeine as this can increase your heart rate which will make you feel warmer
4. When you’re feeling particularly warm, run your wrists under cool water and place your feet in a bowl of cool water, this will really help you feel cooler.
5. Eat small meals. If you eat a large meal, your metabolism increases, making you feel hot.
6. Put some fruit in the freezer and snack on it. Grapes and pineapple will work well.
7. Do any strenuous work at either the beginning or the end of the day when it is cooler
Hope you stay cool and healthy. Let me know what you’re doing to keep nice and chilled!